Cultural exchange helps create new knowledge and strengthen the already acquired skills. This is why we work at public schools in different areas of the city of Trujillo, we look to strengthen the education provided in educational institutions of the most vulnerable areas.
We are looking for volunteers who want to help us providing inclusive education, with healthy competition and more participatory and cooperative activities, promoting teamwork and strengthening ties without gender differences.
If you like the idea, we invite you to be part of the team.
Focus in Gender Equality
Focus in cultural exchange and Peruvian memory
At public schools in disadvantaged areas
Volunteer Position Information
THE GOALS OF THE PROJECT ARE:
- Provide high-quality education – teachers required to teach English, Art and Sports
- Economic empowerment – volunteers to plan and teach art, craft and design; business, marketing and management; gender awareness.
- Promote health and human rights – volunteers to plan and teach health and human rights programs
We need volunteers to interact with the local school teachers to help plan and teach English, Art and Sports whilst promoting gender equality.
Also, we require volunteers to plan and teach art, craft and design; business, marketing and management; and gender awareness. These programs should incorporate elements of health and human rights issues.
Currently we required administrative volunteers to contribute with recruitment, fundraising, program structure and coordination and liaising with the Director.
WHEN: Ongoing 2017 and 2018
MINIMUM STAY: Min. 3 months
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Intermediate Spanish
- 3 month minimum committment
- 21 years old+
Initial Month Fee: USD $390
Consecutive Months: USD $360
- Arrival pick up
- Housing with a local family
- Training and support
- Spanish classes
- Cultural experiences
- Certificate upon completion
- Family with Kids